Types Of Wood Pallets
There are many types of wood pallets. Pallets are strong wooden platforms used to move goods from one place to another throughout their lifecycles. Usually they accompany numerous people carry in trucks, factories, stores & warehouses. To be effective a wood pallet must be strong & affordable. There are various types of wood pallets that are available in the market because wood is plentiful, flexible, strong & easy to assemble.
Different Types of wood Pallets
• Standard wooden-pallet styles
• Stringer-pallets-They use a frame of 3-parallel pieces of timber (stringers). Once the frame is set, the top deck-boards are fixed up straight with the stringers to create the structure of the pallet. Stringers-pallets may be also known as “2-way” pallets because a pallet jack may only be moved/ lift from 2 directions instead of all four-directions. However fork-lifts are able to lift a stringer pallet from all directions but lifting by the stringers is more preferable as they are secure to use.
• Block-pallets-They are also known as four-way pallet and are mainly designed for more pallet moving accessibility. They are much stronger than stringer pallets. They utilize both perpendicular & parallel stringers to facilitate efficient-handling. In block pallets a pallet jack may be utilized from any-side to move it.
• Double-face reversible pallets-These types of wood Pallets have bottom & top deck that are similar in shape and size so that the pallets can be used reversibly.
• Double-face non-reversible pallets-These types of wood pallets have specific bottom & top deck that are different in their shape and size which are non-interchangeable.
• Single face pallets-These types of wood pallets have only one deck.
• Standard Wooden Pallet Deck Styles
• Flush pallets-The deck-board’s end and panel edges are flush with stringer edge.
• Double wing pallets-The ends of top & bottom deck-boards & edges of top & bottom panel hang over the stringer-board edge. Bottom wing is smaller in size than the top wing.
• Single wing pallets-The ends of top deck-boards & edges of top panels hang over the stringer or stringer-boards edge. Bottom deck is flush (if present).
• Standard wooden pallet entry types
• 2 way pallets-They have un-notched solid stringers that allow fork-lift entry only from the 2 opposite ends of the pallet.
• 4 way pallets-They have notched solid stringers that allow fork-lift entry from both the ends and from both the sides.
• Partial 4-way pallet-These pallets includes stringer class pallets with stringers are indented for fork tine entry which can enter the pallets only from the edges. These pallets are known as partial 4 way pallets because only folk-lifts can enter and enter and lift the pallets from ends and sides.
Partial 4-way pallets designs also include block
class pallets that has overlap stringboard and deck-board base. The stringer- board base prevents the entry of pallet jack-wheels.
• Full 4 way pallet-These pallets are single face block class pallets or double face non reversible block class pallets with either a panel base, perimeter base or unidirectional base.