There are various types of software design patterns to be discussed here. Learning about the software design patterns is extremely important to solve the various problems relating to software designing. Software design is basically a solution to various software problems and it generally refers to all activities which result in creating a solution to a software problem through framing, conceptualizing, commissioning, implementing and modifying complex procedures. It provides a set solution to problems and it may be simply called as a template or a set description which can be applied to various situations.
‘TypesOf.com’ here provides you with the descriptions and explanations of different types of software design patterns-
* Strategy design pattern: This pattern is one of the types of software design patterns which is a recurring solution to different common problems. Literally, strategy means an elaborate plan of action which is systematic in approach. In the same way strategy design pattern too provides a very systematic solution to certain common software design problems. ‘Policy pattern’ is another name by which it is known. In this pattern, one may select the behaviour of the algorithms at runtime. Strategy design pattern encapsulates a family or group of algorithms, which may be used interchangeably. Algorithms may vary irrespective of the clients who are users of the algorithms.
Now let us see how an example clearly explains the working of a strategy design pattern- this pattern may be used by the those who execute and perform checks on the incoming data. A validation algorithm may be selected with the help of information such as type and the source of data, the user’s choice and the discriminating factors and till runtime these factors are not known. So in each case different validations may be required.
* Singleton design pattern: These types of software design patterns are known to be the most dangerous ones as they guarantee that only one case of a particular situation or object exists. Application of singleton design pattern may be seen in connection database and printer manager.
* Template design pattern: This pattern has certain pre-defined steps for an algorithm and there is no change in its structure too. When you define some abstract class, it forces some subclasses to implement some method and this is when you use the template design pattern.
* Execution patterns: In the various types of software design patterns, execution pattern is very important to understand. It addresses concerns which are related to the execution of application. It supports task synchronization by executing various tasks in a strategic manner.
* Structural design pattern: This includes various other types of software design patterns such as- adaptor/ wrapper method (it changes the interface in favour of the clients), bridge design pattern (it disconnects or decouples the implementation of abstraction and the resulted abstractions vary independently) and proxy design pattern (this provides surrogate for some another object to have control to it).
These are some types of software design patterns explained which provides you with information related to various solutions for some common and related problems with your software designs.