Types Of Media Presentation
There are various types of media presentation and each of them requires specific presentation techniques for easy understanding and accumulation by the audience. The following is therefore the various types of media presentation used by media houses and other related agencies.
1. Informative presentation
These types of media presentation are always to the point and very brief. They are usually composed of facts as complicated information is avoided. The following are some of the different types of media presentation found under this category:
*Time: this type of presentation makes use of positional words such as 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, and put things in list form. It explains when events occur or when they will happen. The time system of presentation is ideal for individuals with a clear picture of sequence of events in the organization under study.
Presentations about places are usually based on the explanation of where events occur. It is usually effective for people who understand the environment of the concerned reporting area.
Cause and Effect
This explains how events occur and is better handled by individuals that understand clearly the link between the various events.
2. Instructional media presentation
These types of media presentation are mainly observed to provide specific orders or directions. A presentation under this type is usually long because it has to take care of all aspects of the event or object under review. Presentations are intended to teach listeners new skill or new knowledge about how certain things are done. A typical presentation will therefore:
* Explain why the skill or information is very important to the listening audience
* Explain the learning objective of the program
* Show practical examples of the process to the audience in case they will need to participate in the process later
* Give the participants the chance to ask questions and make comments on the program
* Ensure that the participants mention how they are going to use the information
3. Arousing presentation
This is one of the types of media presentation that arouse the interest of the audience and make them offer their own opinion about the subject matter. In this kind of presentation it is very important to make use of vivid language in order to arouse enthusiasm and project sincerity. This can be done by:
* trying to gain attention by presenting the story in such a way that the problem is illustrated and sometimes exaggerated
* Showing why it is necessary to provide solution to the problem and illustrating with an example that is specific or general
* Describing the solution so that the problem will be resolved satisfactorily
* Comparing and contrasting the two different scenario that is possible if the problem is tackled or left unresolved
* Engaging the audience to help provide solution to the problem
* Giving the audience directives that are immediate, easy, and clear to follow
4. Persuasive presentation
A persuasive presentation is intended to convince your audience to agree to your proposal. It provides or tries to resolve a problem, dispute, or a controversy. To be successful with these types of media presentation, your presentation must be logical, sufficient, factual, and emotional in a way that will lure your audience to accept your arguments. You have to:
* begin with a great introduction in order to lure the audience to listen to you. After all, they have to first listen to you before they’ll decide whether to accept your argument or not.
* Entice your listeners by presenting the benefits of solving the need or problem
* Create a craving for your audience to accept your proposal by providing clear descriptions on how the item will fulfill their needs and wants
* finish your presentation by making a clear call to action