types of fish for sushi
sushi is one of the most popular Japanese food and is growing in its popularity time and ever. Predictably, the reason why sushi is so famous and popular is because of the types of fishes for sushi used throughout the world that are not only extremely tenacious but highly beneficial for health.
Did you know that there are different types of fish for sushi used? That’s right, some of the best types of fishes for sushi are those that is recommended for our health too, so next time you want to eat something that is healthy yet delicious – go for sushi!
Here are some of the types of fishes for sushi used:
* Tuna – yellowfin and blue fin tuna is usually used for sushi. Bluefin is usually known as akami and yellowfin is called ahi tuna. Whatever that means, tuna is considered to be one of the most popular fish chosen to make sushi. It has a very deep color as well as rich flavor that make it an excellent pick for this dish.
* Eel – also known as unagi, eel is the next favorite when it comes to different types of fishes for sushi, but is generally covered with a thick sweet soy sauce. The fish is loaded with vitamins A, B, E and D. the fish is so popular that you can find an eel pill sold in many parts of Japan and Europe as a health boosting supplement. It is considered to be the highest dose of omega-3 fatty acids.
* Yellow tail – known as Kamachi, yellow tail is considered as the sea delicacy and another favorite types of fishes for sushi. It has a very sweet delicate flavor and is a rich fatty fish. It has high source of omega-3 fatty acids than any other fish out there. The fish is generally used as an antidote for lowering your blood pressure levels, helping with depression and fighting conditions like arthritis.
* Salmon – just like yellowtail, this fish is also known for its rich sweet taste. Salmon has high source of omega-3 fatty acids and protein along with the load ofVitamin A, B and D. these vitamins are known to help boost your immunity power, protect your bones and give you high energy.
* Shrimp – it doesn’t matter that you like and deep-fried or garnished on top of rice, you’re considered as to be one of the most delicious sushi treat. Just like tuna, shrimp is also one of the best choices and high source of selenium which is always considered a great help for post-trade cancer. Shrimp in general is loaded with vitamins like zinc, iron, vitamins B and magnesium.
So, next time when you look at the menu and decide to go for sushi, consider the different types of fishes for sushi used in them. Although today you get sushi in most fast food joints, the different types of fishes for sushi used during amazing health benefits to you without your knowledge.