Advancement of technology has made it important for any individual or an engineer to rapidly expand their horizons and gather information, apart from relying on basic engineering principles. It is very necessary to understand the types of questions that lead to critical thinking. These questions play a major role in accessing and judging the ideas, actions and assumptions of a specific subject or field of engineering. Enhancing critical thinking is essential for any individual to play a greater role in any organization and reach the insights that offers decorate solution for a problem.
1. Types of questions that lead to critical thinking for clarification include why, how and inclusion of a specific diffusion related to a subject into an equation. This would be the first step to radical thinking as it allows an individual to gather the necessary information that makes it possible for a prolonged the discussion related to the subject.
2. The second process involves an individual to carry out a probing assumption related to the information that has been gathered from the above questions. Types of questions that lead to critical thinking to probe assumptions include alternative assumptions that can be applied to the subject, verification or disapproval of the assumption and neglecting diffusion and transformation into an equation. Probing of the assumption depends upon theoretical or experimental results.
3. The third step involves gaining access to evidence and reasons that support an assumption. Types of questions that lead to critical thinking in order to acquire evidence for a specific reason include what would be the best example of the exemption, what are the causes that exist in the example, why the causes occur, and what is the solution for the same. Performing this action makes it easy for an individual to gain insights into the information collected on a specific assumption. This is the most important aspect as it provides details related to examples, the side effects associated in the example and its effect on the environment. A carrying out critical thinking in this path opens new possibilities and thinking to find an alternative solution to an existing assumption or problem.
4. The next procedure involves gathering information related to perspectives and viewpoints. Collecting viewpoint and perspective from a large group makes it easy for an engineer to look at the exemption in a different way. It is more like an alternative and explains both the positives and negatives. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses is necessary for an engineer to come up with an accurate solution to a problem. There is also a possibility to carry out counter argument that may exist for the assumption.
5. Finally yet importantly, this stage includes types of questions the lead to critical thinking to find out consequences and implications associated with the assumption. Understanding the consequences, generalizations, affects and associations that can be made with other factors offer much more detail to an engineer to look at the problem in a different way and come up with the right answer that would be a permanent solution.